DMC Athletics and Rehabilitation is a therapist-owned private outpatient orthopedic facility. The focus of the facility is towards the treatment of orthopedic and sports injuries as well as everyday physical discomforts. In addition, we offer one-on-one personal training to help achieve goals of weight loss, strength and conditioning, and sports specific activities for the weekend warrior. Furthermore, all training sessions are performed by personal trainers who are also physical therapist aides. At DMC Athletics and Rehabilitation they have integrated the physical therapy and personal training regimen together in order for you to get "the best of both worlds."
Are you aware of your medical privileges as a patient? One of your newest privileges is Direct Access. What is it? It is the ability to go directly to a physical therapist without a doctor's prescription or pre-approval from your insurance company. Thus, whenever you have an ache, strain, or pain why wait to see a doctor when you come to DMC for some instant relief? Remember if your committed to your career, hobby, or sport, why not be committed to taking care of your body?
DMC Athletics and Rehabilitation is a therapist-owned private out-patient orthopedic facility. DMC has taken the physical therapy regimen and the personal training world and mixed them together.
DMC Athletics and Rehabilitation is a Direct Access clinic. On February 13, 2003 passed the Direct Access Law (N.J.S.A. 45:9-37.13). New Jersey became the 36th state to adopt this policy
What does this mean?
- Under the direct access law, the patient has a medical right/privilege to choose to go to any physical therapy clinic they desire.
- The patient does not need to a prescription from a doctor to see a physical therapist.
- If the patient does not make "reasonable" improvement within 30 days of their initial visit the therapist MUST refer them back to a doctor.
What does this mean for YOU?
- Whenever a muscular or a neurological problem arises, instead of waiting to see a Doctor, you go see your physical therapist right away.
- Your therapist, by law, will notify your doctor with a written report regarding your condition and progress.
- Quick relief and easy access for your convenience.
- DMC Athletics and Rehabilitation is a specialty center providing physical therapy to patients with orthopedic and sport injuries as well as providing geriatric rehabilitation.
- The treatment approach of the facility is to provide the optimal treatment through hands-on techniques, modalities, and scientific research in order to restore your prior level of performance before injury or decline in function. Thus attaining the ultimate goal of
improving your quality of life!
DMC Athletics and Rehabilitation offers one on one personal training as well as group training if you want to train with a friend.
Fact: Only 20% of people who go to the gym get the results they are looking for. Out of the 20% that attain their results over 85% of them use a personal trainer.
Why such poor results? There are several reasons:
- Incorrect technique on exercises.
- Lack of knowledge which exercises to perform.
- Lack of direction in the progression and intensity of the exercises.
- LACK OF MOTIVATION.
At DMC Athletics & Rehabilitation, we are the only Medically Oriented Gym in Morris County, and one of only several in the State of New Jersey. A Medically Oriented Gym is a place where people where can train with certified professionals and more importantly in a safe, effective environment. In addition, in order to be a MOG, the staff is not only personal trainers, but also Functional Exercise Specialists and Physical Therapist Aides. On top of that, we'll have a physical therapist in the facility at all times to assure that the client has not only the most effective workout, but also the safest workout. Our functional exercise specialists have credentials and experiences in the field that allows the clients to have the best of different worlds. All this has made DMC Athletics & Rehabilitation the #1 Physical Therapy and Wellness Facility in Morris County since 2006, as voted by the Daily Record. For more information on training, go to www.dmcwellness.org
- We have a private office for receiving hands-on treatment as well as modalities.
- We offer both women 's and men 's locker rooms equipped with showers, towels, and toiletries.
- We have direct TV on all the televisions.
- Access to a pilates/dance studio.
- Access to all gym equipment.